- 3 egg yolks
- 150 g of margarine
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of 18% fat cream
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 500 g of rhubarb
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla pudding powder
- 150 ml of milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 egg whites
- 100 grams of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of potato flour
- Chop the margarine with sieved flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream the egg yolks with sugar.
- Add the egg yolks and cream to the flour and knead the dough.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After removing from the refrigerator roll the pastry, transfer it to a baking pan and kneed it so as to it covers the sides.
- Bake 20 minutes at 180 oC.
- Peel the rhubarb stalks and cut them into 1 cm pieces.
- Sprinkle with sugar and let stand for 2 hours.
- Then add the butter and bring to the boil.
- Pour in the pudding powder mixed with milk.
- Boil for another minute or so while stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Spread over the pastry when hot.
- Beat the egg whites with sugar until stiff.
- Gently fold in the potato flour.
- Spread over the rhubarb filling.
- Bake 15 minutes at 180oC.