- 4 large beetroots,
- 1 onion,
- 3 pickles,
- some dill,
- 1 package of cream cheese (such as Philadelphia cheese),
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice,
- 1 tablespoon of honey,
- salt and pepper
- Wash the beetroots and cut off the tips.
- Wrap each beet with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for about 40-50 minutes at 220 C.
- Allow to cool, peel and cut into fairly thick slices.
- Grate or finely chop the cucumbers.
- Chop the onion and dill.
- Mix everything with cheese.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese filling on one beet slice, cover with another slice, spread the filling on it and cover with the third slice.
- Each starter consists of 3 slices of beet and 2 layers of cheese.
- Whisk together olive oil, orange juice and honey.
- Pour on top of each beet “sandwich”.
- Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Decorate with thyme.